For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I Am Who I Am

"Oh sheila, you have your own religion because what you are believing is different than the facts in the bible." As Chris, my friend/co-worker was emphasizing his thought about my beliefs. 

"How can you believe that all of us goes to heaven? Even Hitler goes to heaven huh?" As He continued in a teasing manner. 

I'm trying to remember how our conversation awhile ago, but as far as I think right now, we were in the midst of a battle about Christianity. 

"Oh Chris, My beliefs are my beliefs, what I feel is what I feel, what I thought is what I thought. I am not trying to justify or make you believe what I believe, cause it is what I believe. I can say whatever I want to say about certain things. It is my own theory and my own opinion. Whether it is true or not; or you want to agree or disagree, It won't matter cause no one knows the truth! We are free to feel and think whatever and however we want."

"So you are not a Christian then? Cause you are not thinking like a Christian"

"Oh well, I never wanted to call myself a Christian in the first place. I am nobody but I believe in God and I have my faith and its all that matters to me."

"and you goes to church by that thought? Why wouldn't you want to call yourself a Christian?"

"Because I am not attached to anything in this world. I am not attached to any religion and I don't intend to be. I can only  take some knowledge so I won't be that ignorant, but I don't want to go deeper to what it is all about"

"and besides when you call yourself a christian you tend to be..." I was lost of words, I didn't know how to express myself.

I felt the tension when I said that I don't want to call myself a Christian that Clarissa chimed in to our conversation, As Christian herself, I guess she felt a little offended or kinda defensive about what I said,

"So what made you think that way?" Clarissa asked, and continued "I think you are afraid to know the deeper side of Christianity, You are a catholic yourself and a Christian, you need to know what's inside your own religion"

"I am willing to know about everything, If given a chance why not? and If God would take me to that direction and if He wants me to know about it, why not? I'll follow and I'll go along, not only in my Catholic religion but to other religions as well, It's exciting to learn about different tradition and culture of churches, but as I said, I don't want to submerge myself in knowing beneath religion itself. It is too much for me take, I don't think I can handle it, my concentration really, is how I am going to build my relationship with God through my relationship with other people and by taking care of this world that God created."

"Or maybe I don't want to call myself a Christian because really I don't know that much about Christianity, I am not there yet, Maybe that's my reason."

Well since Clarissa is my best friend and pretty know so much about what I think and feel about certain things, So I think she understood my point of view that she left the conversation.

Meanwhile, Chris and I wasn't finished yet,

"Being a Christian, you have to follow the facts in the bible and not what you think" Chris cited, 

"Chris first and foremost, What you are behaving right now is not a Christian like, You are somewhat judging and criticizing me of what I feel and believe. Maybe, that's the reason why I don't want to be called a Christian. If I want to be called a christian and I am going to act like you are acting right now? I would feel so embarrassed of myself. A christian should respect someone's opinion and belief of other people. Everyone is different just so you know. 

and In a playful manner he replied "So If I want to believe like a Hindu? It's okay?"

"Of course its okay! You can believe whoever and whatever! It's your right and its your free will! There is no difference! We are all accepted and love by God."

and It went on and on and on... that Chris said "Whatever Sheila!"

And I said, "Whatever!"

And we went back to finishing our side work! Laugh out Loud! (that's how cats and dogs does)

Just a thought: 

Nobody really achieve something when it comes to debating which is which especially when we try to reason out our own view about something, in this part, Christianity. There are wide different interpretation of God, spirituality, bible and Religion. It goes on and on and on. It never stops and no one wins!

As for my part, whether I call myself a Christian or not, It won't matte, cause I believe that God would not see me differently just because I believe of something which some people doesn't for I would never feel excluded in God's presence, I am molded with my own set of thoughts and feelings. I have my own set of functions, Same as everybody around.

Loving God, I believe that seeking for truth about our beliefs are boundless and truth always lead us back to reality and for me reality is God and if we learn how to accept and love this reality we live in then I guess that's how we can only love God.

I wasn't upset by Chris reaction to what I believe in,He has the right to feel and think whatever He wants, cause same as me, His own belief is his belief and that what makes him who He is. A unique individual whom God created and loved :)













No comments:

Post a Comment