For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Monday, July 8, 2013

And Then It Led Me To You

A sudden familiar stomach pain hit me when I was in the middle of the mass. Having this irregular in and out pain for years, I already know what to expect from me.

"Oh lord not at this moment please and not here...."

Panicked had aroused in me, as if the time walk by inches, and I get to feel slowly the increase commotion of pain inside my stomach. The twinge of discomfort bothered me, Consciously. It was rising on my physical sphere. I tried fighting it and putting some positive thoughts in my head, but it didn't work.

The pain got more intense, and the thing is; I was at the front of the altar, and the interior of the church is wide that everybody could notice me and there wasn't much people to begin with.

"Please... help me...I don't want to embarrass myself on these people, and I don't want to ruin the mass and make them all worry about me."

We all stood up and prayed "I believe in God." I was feeling weak, tense, in so much pain and unstable. As I was trying to alleviate the outburst of a convulsion inside my stomach. I sat down but seems like it wasn't working. I couldn't properly hear the priest and anyone anymore.

When we all knelled down,

"Please help me lord, I don't want to cut this mass, and I want to receive the communion for today."

I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to spoil the mass and everybody because I knew I was going to collapse any minute. So I stood up and walked away. I was pretty sure some of them was quite concerned about me because my movement was wobbly.

I didn't care anymore, All I wanted at that moment was to get out. As I was walking away and desperately seeking for the restroom which I didn't know where, the stimulations of my body were getting worst, I was feeling numb, and my walk got heavier, and it seems like everybody around me got darker and darker. I was freaking out and frantic because I didn't know where to go, and I was fighting with all my heart not to lose my consciousness.

Until when I was about to pass out that I saw a blurry white shirt woman entered the door coming from outside and concernedly asked me If I need help.

"Where is the restroom?" It's all that came out from my mouth.

And she led me to the restroom and when I finally inside, I felt a little better. Because, I got accustomed to the pain, so I knew how to help myself alleviate it. While I was throwing up, I kept praying that
I would feel a little better so I can still receive the communion. I didn't want to get sick because I still want to finish the Catholic Mass and go to the other church to supplement myself because that morning was set for my time with God before I start working that day.

Thanks be to God, because I felt so much better even though weak, but I was still able to receive the sustenance of grace through the Eucharistic bread, and I was the last person to get it. I made it on time!

I was determined to look for the lady to say Thank You to her. I wasn't sure who to look for because when she came to me, She was blurry and unrecognizable. All I could remember was the structure of her body and the white shirt she was wearing. I knew that she was just inside the church, So I went looking for her after the mass,

But It didn't take me a while to find her. She was a middle age white woman, and she was outside the chapel giving pamphlets for the people who just came out from the mass service. So I approached her with my smiling face and asked,

"I'm sorry to bother you but where you the one who guided me to the restroom?"

And she said "yes" with a smile on her face.

"I was ready to pass out, and you came out of nowhere. Thank you so much!"

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that, but are you feeling better now?"

And I replied "Yes. I  am feeling a lot better!"

And She handed me the Pamphlet "Well, If you have time for a woman's weekend retreat, You are free to join us!"





I got excited when I read it, I want to join, but I had some concerns because I was not confident if my schedule is going to work for me cause I usually work over the weekend. Even though, I wasn't certain, but I was quite a surprise of my reply.

"Yeah Sure! I'll see you there then!"

While driving on the way to buy me coffee before I headed to the "Buckhead Church" To hear Pastor Andy Stanley (One of my fave pastor). I had some questions running through my mind.

Was that pain led me to that lady, so I could join the Retreat? Or Does God wants my presence in the retreat? Or maybe everything was just a mere coincidence?

Oh well, I took the Pamphlet aside for I don't want to over think everything.

However, God seems on wanting me to attend because I found out that my schedule worked out perfectly for me on that weekend!!!

Hence, I am pretty excited for Women's Retreat Escapade, that moment of discomfort was a blessing in disguise I could say; because I think its going to be a step forward for me to get closer with God and spend more time with him, and get to know him more! Amazingly, I'm looking forward to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment